.COM.TR regulations synopsis:
Foreign-based entities are permitted to register .com.tr domain names. However, it is necessary to either have a Turkish trademark (or trademark application) or supply documentation of current or planned business activities or clients in Turkey.
Annual domain charge: EUR 157.00
DNS Service/Web forwarding is included, at no additional cost.
Foreign companies may register domain names under .com.tr. However, the regulations for Turkish domain require that foreign companies document their existing business relations in Turkey.
In order to register a domain name under .com.tr, the following documentation needs to be provided:
- A Certificate of Incorporation from the applicant's country of origin. Translated into English.
- Documentation of activities in Turkey (detailed below)
One of the following can be considered as such documentation of activities:
a) Confirmation Letter from a local business partner
A written and signed statement from a business partner in Turkey,confirming in brief the relationship or intention to enter into relationship. The statement should be printed on company letterhead with the Turkish address of the business partner clearly visible. A draft letter can be supplied by EuropeID.
b) Copies of agreements/contracts/patents/licences in Turkey or with Turkish companies
For example, a "distribution agreement", "franchising agreement", or other form of agreement with a Turkish company presented in writing.
c) Turkish trademark certificate or application
If you hold a Turkish trademark, or have filed an application for one, simply send us documentation for this.
Occasionally, the domain authority may request additional documentation pertaining to business relations in Turkey, besides the trademark.
d) Documentation verifying having Turkish clients.
Usually,it can be done in the form of copies of invoices to Turkish clients. Both business and private clients are accepted.
Note that usually only one of the above options (A-D) is required. But we are unable to guarantee an outcome, therefore it is essential that you supply us with as much documentation as possible.
In addition, there are naming rules as follows:
- Domain names must be a derivative of the applicant's company name, or certain abbreviations of the same.
- Domain names can also originate from Turkish registered trademarks or trademark applications, or certain abbreviations of the same.
- Words which are not part of the official name or trademark cannot be added. However, it is permitted to add a hyphen "-".
- Abbreviations need to include the basic elements of the company name. Only latter elements can be eliminated or abbreviated.
- In some instances it is permitted to translate names into English or Turkish
For instance "The First Company, Inc." is allowed to register "thefirstcompany.com.tr" and "thefirst.com.tr"; but not "firstcompany.com.tr" or "company.com.tr", as the domain name must include the basic element of "The" etc..
FAQ for domain names in .COM.TR and Turkey
Is local company in Turkey required?
Local representation or a local Trustee is not necessary per se. However, foreign-based applicants need to document having relations to Turkey. Aside from a trademark or trademark application, this can be evidenced in the form of Turkish clients, Turkish business partners or declarations of intent to conduct business with a Turkish company. The Turkish partner will be required to provide a letter of intent. EuropeID can assist in preparing the necessary letters of intent and declarations.
Is it necessary to have a local administrative contact in Turkey?
No, it is not necessary to have a local administrative contact in Turkey to register a .COM.TR domain name.
Are trademarks applicable in Turkey?
If you hold a Turkish trademark or have applied for one, then you can register an identical .com.tr domain name. If you hold several Turkish trademarks, then you can register matching domain names for each trademark.
Is Internationalized Domain Name (IDN) offered?
You can register .COM.TR domain names with non-ASCII characters in Turkey.
The following characters are included in the IDN pattern offered:
[ğ, ı, ü, ş, ö, ç]
Are generic domains available for .COM.TR domains?
Domain name must be connected with a company name, product or service. Some documentation evidencing your right to the domain must be provided. If you wish to have a domain name pre-validated, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The general the naming rules are as follows:
- Domain names must be derivatives of the applicant company name, or certain abbreviations of the company name.
- Domain names can also be derivatives of Turkish registered trademarks or trademark applications, or certain abbreviations of the same.
- Words that are not part of the official name or trademark cannot be included. However, it is permitted to add a hyphen "-".
- Abbreviations must include the rudimentary elements of the company name. Only latter elements can be eliminated or abbreviated.
- In some cases it is permitted to translate names into English or Turkish
For example, "The First Company, Inc." can register "thefirstcompany.com.tr" and "thefirst.com.tr"; but not "firstcompany.com.tr" or "company.com.tr", as the domain must include the basic element of "The" etc..
How long does it take to register a .COM.TR domain name?
Usually, it does not take longer than [RegTime] to register a .COM.TR domain in Turkey. We will submit the application as soon as possible. However, we cannot offer guarantees as we have no impact on the speed of the Turkish domain authority once the domain application has been submitted.
What is the minimum number of characters a .COM.TR domain name can consist of?
Applications for .COM.TR domain names with less than [MinLength] characters cannot be accepted.
What is the maximum number of characters a .COM.TR domain name can consist of?
Applications for .COM.TR domain names with more than [MaxLength] characters cannot be accepted.
Is it possible to register more than one Turkish domain name?
It is possible for one applicant to register an unlimited number of Turkish .COM.TR domain names.
Are there other TLDs related to Turkey available?
Yes, there are other Turkish domain extensions available at EuropeID. Some of them might not have the local presence requirement and may be unrestricted. Please check the available domains for Turkey below: